Wednesday 10 January 2018

From AdamC - 3 x Reaper Bones Ogers


 These are a side project that gives me a bit of break form the Irish Points Bomb (which may or may not be a true point bomb but its fun to say) I am working on.  I did these to serve as unit of Heavy infantry for a game of "Dragon's Lament" (a mash up of the Dragon Rampant and Pikemen's Lament rues) I was supposed to run on Sunday.  Unfortunately my daughter was sick and grandma's house didn't have heat. due to a miss timed oil delivery.  This forced me to bow out of the event so these guy missed their debut.

 I tried to make them look life like but not to human in past I used green for ogres but these guys seemed to say a yellowish brown was more right.  The looks was everything I wanted.


 These are Bones Figures from Reaper and they have great musculature realistic but not too human and the muscles are cut and defined making highlighting fairly easy.


Since they were on the table at the same time as the Irish they have been influenced by that color palate but I think that works.  I did the ogres metals work in copper as that was one of the first metals humans learnt to manipulate so it seemed to fit for primitive monsters I figure the items are more decorative than protective.  As to points they are about 40mm foot to eye balls (I took a photo with a ruler but its not uploading for some reason.  Curt gave me 7 points for the Wereboar so I have guessed that 21 points is a fair total for these three fellow (subject to the minions agreement)

From Ray
Well I'll bow to Curt's will, if he gave you 7 points for your Wereboar, who am I to argue? 21 points it is!
Smashing work on these Ogres Adam, They do have so much muscle definition (a bit like myself!) they look as they they'd almost paint themselves. A good colour for the skin too, green would have looked a little to unrealistic IMHO.
Great work and keep it up!


18 comments:

  1. What a great bunch of ugly bugg..brutes Adam :)

    @ Ray - maybe you do have as much muscle definition, but sadly it's heavily camouflaged by the effects of so much food and drink ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and if you’ve seen Ray in a furry loin cloth I don’t want to hear about it

      Delete
    2. Fortunately not in person. Horrifically, even Docherty's patented "MillsBegone" mind-bleach couldn't erase the pic Fran posted of Ray smuggling budgies :o

      Delete
  2. Very nice, these lads look like lots of trouble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I think the "good guys" will find them a hand full.

      Delete
  3. Nice trio of brutes Adam. Ray, please do not show off your muscle tone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some proper old school looking sculpts there! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have an old school look to them despite being less than a year old.

      Delete
  5. Great looking trio of big lugs, Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like reaper, but the bones line does have me a bit leary of them. These ogres look really cool and I like the colors you gave them. Nice work, Adam!

    ReplyDelete